Nurse Technical Advisor
Aga Khan University (AKU)
Established in 1980, Aga Khan University School of Nursing (AKUSON) is the first academic component of the University. Since its inception, AKUSON has played a pivotal role in changing public perceptions towards the nursing profession and has established in Pakistan an internationally acceptable model for nursing education and practice. At present, AKUSON conducts four academic programmes: General Nursing (R.N.) Diploma (3 years), B.Sc.N. (4 years), Post R.N. B.Sc.N. (2 years) and M.Sc.N (2 years). The School currently has an enrollment of about 400 students. AKUSON graduates are working in leadership positions nationally as well as internationally in UK, USA, Africa etc. AKU is part of Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private international development agencies which work in the developing countries of Asia and Africa. Since the signing of the Agreement of Cooperation for Development with the Interim Administration of Afghanistan by His Highness the Aga Khan, the AKDN has responded with capacity building and rehabilitation initiatives in Afghanistan.
Location: Afghanistan (Kabul)
Closing date: 01 Apr 2008
Reporting to the Director, AKU Programmes, Afghanistan, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Overall management and implementation of AKUSON’s nursing education program at IHS (Kabul and other).
- Coordinate efforts of the AKU-SON nursing team to build capacity of the IHS nursing faculty, and improve the overall quality of the diploma program at IHS.
- Develop a plan for training of the clinical staff in hospital and IHS nurses to enable them to supervise and support students in clinical skills training and skills laboratory areas.
- Coordinate nursing-related activities with local health and government authorities, donors, NGOs (national and international), IHS management, management at clinical training sites, and other stakeholders to move forward the program objectives.
- Take the lead in ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the programme and subsequent changes in programme activities to improve impact.
- Masters in Nursing from a recognized institution is preferred.
- Practicing nurse with comprehensive clinical and teaching experience.
- 3-5 years experience relevant to this post
- Pleasant personality and diplomatic abilities
- Good organizational skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Computer literate in Word and Excel
- Willing to live and work in Afghanistan
Reference Code: RW_7CNBDX-22