BMZ-UNHCR-GTZ Partnership Operations
INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
Closing date: 21 Jun 2008
Job Title: NURSE
Dadaab Refugee Camp - North Eastern Province
Summary:GTZ is a German developmental agency that provides health and nutrition and developmental assistance to refugees and displaced populations.
This position exists under the Health and Nutrition Program based in North Eastern Kenya Dadaab Refugee camp. The overall objective of the program is to provide safe, effective and curative health services, targeting the most important causes of illness and death among the refugee population. The position is placed under the supervision of the Medical Camp doctor and the head of curative services.
- Participate at the morning meeting with the hospital staff.
- Collect various forms from the office used during work.
- Ensure the waste management circuit runs smoothly.
- Follow the GTZ guidelines and ensure that everybody adhere to them.
- Participate to any special exercise organised in the camps (Nutritional Survey, Mass Campaign,) as need be.
- Train the staff of the Health Posts in their different tasks
- Participate in night calls when his or her duty arrives
If deployed to the health post:
- Take charge of her/his attributed Health Post
- Undertake ANC consultations and/ or other consultations as is deemed fit
- Incorporate the duties of the clinical officer at the health post when he/she is away on leave/ CTO
- In consultation with the clinical officer organise leave days for the health post staff and inform the camp doctor.
- Ensure good levels of hygiene at the Health Post.
- Make decisions on the cases to be referred to hospital OPD
- Participate in weekly meetings to be held at health post with the staff and present relevant issues to the camp doctor
If deployed to the hospital:
- Take charge of her/his attributed ward
- Participate in daily ward rounds and oversee management of patients after the ward round in consultation with the clinical officer and camp doctor as necessary
- Ensure patients in the ward receive treatment as required and all patient documentation is up to date including nursing cardex, observation charts and treatment sheets
- Liaise with the ward supervisor and hospital administrator through the head nurse to make sure ward materials are adequate (beds, mattresses, mosquito nets etc)
- Responsible for the discharge summaries and writes the prescriptions for patients on discharge
- Counterchecks drug orders for the ward and signs.
- Supervise the auxiliary staff in the health post and to give help and advise when needed.
- Supervise the ward supervisor in his duties and give support where needed
- Supervise ANC staff and give advice where needed.
- Report any outbreak potential disease to the outreach nurse
- Substitute for other nurses as coverage demands, in another health post or hospital.
- Follow the security rules of GTZ.
- Collaborate with other agencies at camp level.
- Respect the internal rules of GTZ and the MOH staff regulation.
- Respect GTZ guidelines.
- Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary by the camp medical doctor or HCS or field medical coordinator
Up to December 31st 2008 Renewable annual from January 2009
GTZ-UNHCR PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
WESTLANDS MAC CANN HOUSE
P.O.BOX 839-00621 VILLAGE MARKETNAIROBI-KENYA
Reference Code: RW_7FBC3P-65
E-mail address: email@example.com