ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK:
1) Will supervise the nursing assistants and follow up performance of tasks of all national staff working within the PHC facilities
2) Assist the medical coordinator in the setting up and running the maternal and child health routine activities
3) Regularly update medical coordinator and programme manager on drugs / medical supplies and ensure that medical orders are timely done
4) Monitor drug and medical supply stocks through monthly consumption and inventories, noting drugs and material expiring dates and submit the same to the medical coordinator in time
5) In collaboration with the medical coordinator will arrange for regular trainings and clinic staff meetings as required
6) Supervise the running of the pharmacy and ensure rational use of drugs as per the guidelines and laid down by the medical coordinator and programme manager
7) Organise the work shift schedule for staff working in both the in patient and outpatient facilities
8) Ensure proper follow up of patients within the PHCC and that the clinics are clean, orderly and equipment and supplies are moved and stored as per the laid guidelines.
9) Perform outreach activities as may be required.
10) Ensure that service statistics and all the required reports are properly collected from each department and submitted timely to the immediate supervisor
11) Participate in emergency preparedness, rapid assessments and eventual emergency responses in collaboration with the entire team
1) Nursing degree
2) At least five years experience in Primary Health Care and nursing.
3) Training and training of trainers experience
4) Strong organizational and supervisory skills
5) Possess excellent interpersonal skills
6) Ability to work within different cultural environments
7) Ability to analyze and prioritize needs
8) Prior experience in S Sudan / Africa strongly preferred
for other vacancies available (ex : Public Health Nurse, Midwife Consultant, Nutritionist, etc) please refer to provided link